Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Touching Note From A Stranger

This day, exactly 3 years ago, I wrote in my old and now inactive Multiply blog about this heart warming note from a stranger. I just wanted to share this with you and hopefully inspire you as well.

This also reminded me that I should go back to painting and photography and update my deviantART page soon.

************

As I was checking my deviantART site a few minutes ago for new deviations and messages, I found a very touching note from a gentleman from the United States, which made my day and I just want to share this with you. Made me reaffirm my belief that love between two people can last a lifetime and be as intense as the day they committed to each other.


The message was posted for one of my uploaded oil paintings. I painted it for one of my art classes back in college. I remember starting this artwork very inspired as I was in love at that time but I barely finished it as I encountered a minor bump in my previous relationship. It is my most favorite work and it still hangs on the walls at home.


A still life done in impressionist style, the painting has all the elements of a love in bloom -- roses, love card and heart pillow -- things that hint of a lady in love. But the title could also just pertain to the roses. Oil on 24" x 24" canvas

*****************

The message from Joseph Thomas, a 62 year-old guy still very much in love with this wife:

“For some time now I have been e-mailing my wife a flower photograph every morning as a small way of saying "I love you."


This morning I sent her your beautiful flower. This makes you a part of a love story that began in 1965.”


*****************


Am flattered and grateful that he made me and my art a part of their wonderful love story. I wish them more years to share in love and blessings.


To view the actual post, click here:

http://iamheartspeak.deviantart.com/art/Love-Blooms-74988777


2 comments:

Regina said...

This made me smile Ms. Den! Thank you for sharing. I want that kind of love story too :)

Denise Calnea said...

Made me smile, too, nung nabasa ko ulit sa old blog site ko. Darating din sa atin yan. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...