Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MOMOlicious!

I've always wondered about what type of food is served at Momo Cafe until I tried them. Here are some of my favorites...

I remember the first time I went to MOMO Cafe in Eastwood Mall for a meeting -- my first impression of the place was that it was cozy and light and the whimsical wallpaper of tea pot prints was delightful.

While waiting for the group we are meeting, we ordered "Popcorn Shrimp" Popping Poppers as it seems cute a concept. I was not disappointed as the light appetizer made of packed a punch of flavor either alone or complemented with sweet pickle mayo and cocktail sauce, potato wedges and curly fries.

Being a fan of cheese and spicy food, I sampled the Crispy "Nacho Style" JalapeƱo Cheddarella Cheese Rolls. This dish will give you your money's worth as it has thick blocks of cheese inside the roll wrapper and just the right amount of "kick", even without dipping it in sour cream or the salsa fresca that comes with the dish.

The Momo! Gourmet Salad was divine -- roasted garlic shiitake mushrooms, candied walnuts, fresh white cheese, raspberry-balsamic vinaigrette, arugula mixed greens, sliced oranges and hard boiled egg. Am I working up your appetite now?

For main course, we ordered the Old Fashioned Beer Battered "Fish & Chips" that was big enough for three people to share. The crunchy beer batter was made even more sumptuous when dipped in the tangy sweet pickle tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, malt vinegar and lemon.

We also got the Melted 4 Cheese & Roasted Mushrooms Pizza made with Mozzarella, Cheddar, White Cheese and Gorgonzola, four flavorful cheese that somehow did not overpower the thin crust.

To quench my thirst, I opted for the strawberry frozen iced tea which I think could satisfy two people with its large serving in a tall glass.

Rating is a thumbs up! I'll definitely bring my family at Momo Cafe for a nice weekend lunch or dinner, maybe at their branch in Robinson's Midtown in Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...