Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fancy Having an Ostrich for a Pet?

It is my dream to one day own a farm and live away from the hustle and bustle of the metro. I want to grow my own plants and trees and even some farm animals…no wonder I got hooked with playing Farmville.

Endorser Kim Atienza at La Huerta Farms and Residences

A few weeks ago, I learned about this 50-hectare Sta. Lucia Land Inc. project called La Huerta Farm Estates in Calamba, Laguna, which is a farm and residence that features four concept farm clusters, namely: El Sol (The Sun); El Cielo (The Sky); La Luna (The Moon); and La Lluvia (The Rain), each having different landscaping to promote health and wellness. El Sol is enriched with medicinal plants with therapeutic benefits. El Cielo on the other hand allows residents to live near the ostrich farm (and even own such a bird) and enjoy the organic vegetables and herb gardens. La Luna offers a land of coffee and cacao and a romantic landscape decked with canopies. Lastly, La Lluvia features a colorful display of palm and flowering plants.

Not an expert in farming? La Huerta, through its staff of experts from the University of the Philippines Los BaƱos and in-house horticulturalists are ready to provide assistance. It will have a club house which will house a training center to help develop the farming skills of the homeowners.

If I can pick out one cluster where I would like to live in, whether for weekend breaks or for everyday, I would choose El Cielo. I can envision myself there planting and harvesting organic vegetables and herbs and even owning an ostrich as a pet. Well, I better master the skills now in virtual farming and buy a lotto ticket, too, for who knows I may one day be a proud homeowner in La Huerta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...