Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Romance with AI

It all started with chance viewings of the American Idol (AI) show whenever I was on business trips -- was able to watch the finals of AI Season 5, where Taylor Hicks emerged as the grand winner; and AI Season 6, with Jordin Sparks taking the spot. It was only in American Idol Season 7 did I begin to follow the show religiously (on replays most of the time since the live telecasts were too early and am still at work).


I rooted for David Cook all the way from auditions to finals and was estatic when he won over David Archuleta. A fanatic, I downloaded all his AI performances and even made his rendition of Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby" my mobile ringtone and am still using it until now. I went to his press conference and also braved the crowds to watch him live in concert at the SM MOA Open Grounds last May 2009.


AI Season 8 was different story wherein my bet, Adam Lambert, only won second place to the underdog Kris Allen. I watched the finals live very early in the morning at the Star World-Dream Cable exclusive showing at the Greenbelt 3 cinema and was disappointed with the result.


Anyway, Kris Allen show that he greatly improved through the weeks at AI and I guess that was what the show was all about as opposed to Adam Lambert's stellar performances since the beginning of the season.


I also attended his press conference and had my few seconds of fame during the Q&A portion. Click here to see my previous blog entry with a video clip of the interview. Did not watch Kris Allen's concert but did not dare miss Adam Lambert's Glamnation in Manila in October 2011.


AI Season 9 was a little different for me because I had four bets -- the gothic belter Siobhan Magnus, the handsome Casey James, the spunky Cystal Bowersox and of course, Lee Dewyze. It turns out all of them landed in the Top 10 with Siobhan at sixth place, Casey at third place, Crystal at second place and Lee ran away with the top prize.

Now my eyes are on AI Season 10, especially that the finals is near with only five contenders. I was rooting for Thea Megia for obvious reasons but she was eliminated from the Top 10. Let's see if James Durbin gets the top spot.

Now for the good news...American Idol Season 9 winner will be here in Manila for a two-night concert. See and hear Lee Dewyze live at Venice Piazza on May 7 and at Eastwood Mall on May 8.


Sad to say I won't be able to go to the press con, as well as watch the concert, for I will be at the Fuego Sunset Run this weekend. To those who are watching, let me know if you enjoyed the show, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...