Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shamcey's Tsunami Walk


I don't monitor every beauty pageant, whether local or international, except for the Miss Universe pageant due to a habit, or shall I say tradition, that was formed back in high school. For those who don't remember, the Miss Universe pageant happens every summer (here in the Philippines at least) on the merry month of May. Back in those days, my best friend and I would go to the CCP complex to do some running and biking from 6 to 8 am. We girls then hurry back to either my house or her house to watch the live telecast of Miss Universe together. Sometimes the pageant happens exactly on my bff's birthday so it was doubly fun. Now that she lives in another country, I still monitor the live telecast wherever I am and try to watch the replay in the evening.



2011 Miss Universe 3rd Runner-up Shamcey Supsup

On the day of the 2011 Ms. Universe pageant, I was attending a business conference. While listening to the top calibre speakers in the event, I was monitoring the Miss Universe pageant as it progress to various levels. Thank goodness for Twitter where almost everybody was twitting updates from the pageant happening in Brazil. Things started to get exciting as Shamcey was called the Top 16, then Top 10, then Top 5.

Everyone was so focused on Miss Philippines especially during the Q&A portion where Shamcey was asked this question by Vivica Fox, "Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?" Shamcey answered, "If I had to change my religious beliefs, I will not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God, who created me. And I have my faith, my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too." without even batting an eyelash and without the need for an interpreter. Hello! English is a universal language and it has been the universal language for ages now -- so why can't the other contestants learn it before they start representing their countries in an international pageant? Please don't get me wrong, I'm just asking.


2011 Miss Universe winners (l-r) Miss Ukraine, 1st Runner-up;
Miss Philippines, 3rd Runner-up; Miss China, 4th Runner-up;
Miss Brazel, 2nd Runner-up; and Miss Angola, Miss Universe 2011.

Anyway, the point of this blog entry is the now famous "tsunami walk" of Shamcey Supsup. It was said that Miss Universe 2011 third runner-up was told by her Columbian trainer “O, Ms. Philippines you walk like a tsunami” as her hips sway when she does a catwalk. Bb. Pilipinas Universe and personality development instructor Abbygale Arenas de Leon affirmed that Shamcey's Tsunami Walk is a “unique catwalk skill,” a talent that, according to her, enables Shamcey to “detach” her hips from her body, creating a sort of wavy sway. Below is a video I borrowed from YouTube, showing Miss Universe third runner-up Shamcey Supsup's Tsunami Walk.



Video of Shamcey Supsup's Tsunami Walk


Congratulations to Shamcey for placing in the prestigious Miss Universe 2011 pageant. You made Philippines proud and you have inspired us Filipinas with your beauty, brains, wit and grace.


Photo from http://www.philippinenewsdaily.com

Video from http://www.youtube.com/user/ohmrey


Filed under SIGHTS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...