Wednesday, November 2, 2011

ECHOyoga's November Workshops


I've done time at the gym in my past life doing aerobics, cardio workouts and some weight lifting but I have never tried Yoga ever. Since I've been hearing a lot of good things that one can benefit from it, I might just give it a try one of these days.



Yoga is a practice that can promote wellness when done regularly. However, even non-yoga practitioners can learn new therapies for the body from ECHOyoga’s November therapy workshops, all run by certified teachers, focus on relieving pain. Yoga Therapy for Low Back Pain, a one-off workshop on November 19 for those suffering from lower-back stiffness and pain, will be taught by Avril Rodriquez. This workshop will introduce a sequence of poses to slowly and gently relax sore back muscles and strengthen them, to decompress and improve the flexibility of the spine, and promote better posture.



Yoga Therapy For Athletes on November 12 focuses on the rehabilitation of sports injuries. A series of therapeutic yoga sequences will be taught for athletes, trainers and physical therapists by Sen Sanchez to address sore muscles, hip pain, knee injuries, low back strain, and ankle sprains.

For the elderly, Yoga's restorative poses will likewise help for strengthening bones and balance. Marilen Elizalde leads a three session workshop as a Senior’s Introduction to Yoga on November 7, 14 and 21. This will allow golden oldies to do simple yoga sequences daily for better health and mobility. I'm thinking of enrolling my mom here, who at just 64 years old, finds it painful to take long walks and has difficulty in getting up from a chair after a long period of sitting.



ECHOyoga balances all physical movement workshops with inner work through two offerings this November: Past Life Group Regression facilitated by Jeannie Javelosa on November 5. This one is interesting to me since I did a thesis back in high school about past lives and reincarnation. I wonder what my other past lives were? I only know of one that came up during a past life reading for the thesis and it revealed that I was an Italian ballerina back in 1874 which explains my fascination for ballerina figurines and my love for dancing. A reflective inner awareness workshop using creativity techniques to make sense of life pointers and clues to direct you to your life’s work is entitled At a Crossroad: Making Sense of Your Life Journey. This will be facilitated by Vicky Ortega on November 26.

For more information please visit the website http://echoyoga.echostore.ph, text 0906-5063958, or e-mail echoyogaworkshop@gmail.com. . ECHOyoga Community Center is located at the Penthouse of Century Plaza, 120 Perea Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City.


Filed under EVENTS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...